As with many innovations, many Germans choose to take incremental steps rather than and ‘all-at-once’ approach. In terms of improving the energy efficient of the home the German Energy Agency produces figures which highlight what the top changes have been. These are based on subsidy numbers from KfW Bank.
The Top 5 Energy Efficiency measure for house renovation in 2015:
- New energy efficient boiler (Heizkesseltauch)
- New insulated windows (Neue Fenster)
- Ceiling insulation (Dachämmung)
- External wall insulation (Fassadendämmung)
- Optimisation of central heating (Heizungsoptimierung)
Image credit: “DENA”. Material used in the preparation of this article has been drawn from DENA.